Burdekin Taxis & Service Cars services has been owned by the vendors since March 2015 and services the Burdekin and surrounding areas. The business is in the enviable position of being the only taxi company servicing three small towns and a quite large outer lying area. The vendors operate the business from their home and have spent considerable time and effort growing the business and expanding the services the business provides. The taxi call centre is located in Adelaide and provides computer dispatch to the vehicles. The system also allows for office staff and drivers to place bookings easily. The business is currently growing awareness of the SmartPhone app for booking taxis as well.
Business Hours & Staff
The business operates 7 days a week. The vendors choose to work full time in the business in administrative and driver roles. The business could easily be operated with a manager in place. Eleven subcontractors are engaged for the remainder of the driving work.
The business now consists of five different income streams:
- Taxi: Income from taxi fares.
- Department of Veterans Affairs: Income from contract with Department of Veterans Affairs to provide transport of Returned Servicemen and Servicewomen to medical appointments in Ayr and Townsville. This service has grown tremendously in the last two years.
- Service Car: Income from Airport Transfers to and from Townsville Airport, transport to Townsville for private medical appointments, general personal hire transport to/from Townsville, Suncorp Insurance customer transport to car hire companies in Townsville. This service has also grown dramatically in the last two years.
- Passenger Transport: Endeavour Industries transport of workers between Ayr and Home Hill twice daily, charter work school students for social outings, swimming lessons, sport days etc. General charter work for weddings, parties etc. The business also provides odd spot transport for clients such as the Poetry Readers group when they travel to Ayr for workshops and reading etc.
- Freight: The business carries freight for three select Ayr businesses and also has a collection and delivery service for misplaced luggage for airlines.
The sale includes 7 vehicles:
- Taxi – 2015 Prius Hatch
- Taxi – 2015 Prius Hatch
- Taxi – Camry Hybrid Sedan
- Maxi Taxi- Commuter Bus 10 Passenger Wheelchair (2) accessible
- Service Car – 2015 Prius V 6 passenger
- Service Bus – Commuter Bus 13 passenger
- Freight and Office Car – 2010 Camry Hybrid
Areas of Competitive Edge
Many areas of competitive edge exist including:
- Well established operation
- Easy to operate business
- Multiple income streams have been established
- Ideal business for a husband and wife team or a family group looking to invest
- No competition in the Burdekin and surrounding regions
- Areas to expand and grow the business have been identified
- The business has contracts established with Government departments
- The business has a loyal, repeat client base of businesses
- Full training will be provided
- The fleet of vehicles is included in the sale
Burdekin Taxis & Services Cars is being sold on a walk in walk out basis for $1.15 million.
To receive a Sale Proposal, please complete our online Confidentiality Agreement form at www.beyond2000.com.au/confidentiality-agreement. Once we receive your details, we will email you the Sale Proposal for this business. Alternatively, contact:
- Margaret Butler – 0419 664 349 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Butler – 0419 905 463 or email@example.com